Winter months can feel long and heavy, especially as we struggle through the continued restrictions of a global pandemic. Luckily, at the National Spine Health Foundation, we have you covered! The educational and inspirational content never runs dry because we know back and neck pain can be a constant struggle. Winter tips and Spinal Champion® stories can help inspire you this month.
With you in mind, we’ve been able to feature these stories, tips, tricks, and interviews with individuals who can encourage your journey to better spinal health. We began 2021 with a bang, featuring Spinal Champions® and experts on a variety of relevant topics. Check out of a few pieces of this content:
- Spinal Champion® Roni T.: Tirelessly Seeking Tailbone Treatment: Tailbone pain — this is something Spinal Champion Roni knows all too well. She had trouble sitting and performing regular, everyday activities. She had to have special pillows and equipment to relieve her pain. The road to recovery wasn’t short.
It was more than a 7-year-journey, but she didn’t give up. In the first episode of the second season of the ‘Get Back To It’ podcast, National Spine Health Foundation CEO, Dr. Rita Roy, sits down with Roni to discuss her long journey seeking coccyx (tailbone) treatment for her pain.
- Spine Health: Winter Wellness with Dr. Tom Walters. Spine health is interrelated to every other part of the body. No one knows this better than a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Enter Dr. Tom Walters, National Spine Health Foundation Ambassador and Founder of Rehab Science. We enjoy following Dr. Walters’ account on Instagram for his easy, at-home stretches and exercises that benefit the whole body.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Back Pain: How a Second Opinion Made the Difference. Rheumatoid arthritis and back pain can go hand-in-hand. So many bodily conditions can overlap and this is one you might find rather frequently. National Spine Health Foundation CEO, Dr. Rita Roy, recently sat down with Rebecca Gillett — one of our friends and collaborators over at the Arthritis Foundation.
- When Back Pain Hits: An MMA Fighter’s Experience. When mixed martial arts fighter Bill Scott felt severe pain in his lower back and numbness in his entire right leg, he thought it was the after-effect of a head-on car crash two years earlier. But a prominent neurosurgeon who examined Scott found a serious spinal problem that was unrelated to the accident. Here’s his story of overcoming.
- Spine Surgery: When Should You Get a Second Opinion? When it comes to spine surgery — or your spine in general — don’t hesitate to get a second opinion if you want to feel assured. At the National Spine Health Foundation, we work with spine surgeons from across the country who have given the thumbs up to patients seeking out second opinions. Let’s have a conversation about them!
- Join us on Instagram! We’ve been having a lot of fun on Instagram lately, including our weekly #SpineHacks using the new “Reels” function on the app. Follow us there for weekly tips, tricks, and video interviews on all things spine health!
Want more inspirational Spinal Champion® stories, tips and tricks? Here are a few to check out: