FOCUS ON GOOD POSTURE TO HELP MAINTAIN A NEUTRAL SPINE.
- Throughout your day’s activities, maintain a neutral spine and avoid twisting.
- Stand up and lift your chin slightly. Your ears, shoulders, hips, and knees should all be aligned, creating a plane that should not twist.
- Maintain this alignment while exercising, resting, working, etc.
- Don’t slouch when standing or sitting.
- When sitting in a chair, support your lower back and keep your feet flat on the floor.
Another bonus: a study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology found that subjects who were told to sit up straight with good posture gave themselves higher ratings and had more self-confidence on a given task than those who were told to slouch.
Read more about the importance of posture and how to improve yours!