Improving Spinal Health Care Through Education, Research, and Patient Advocacy
The National Spine Health Foundation is the only patient-centered non-profit dedicated to helping patients overcome debilitating spinal conditions and take back their lives. Co-founded 20 years ago by Dr. Schuler who realized there needed to be a national organization to raise awareness of the success of modern spinal treatments. To learn more about our history, you can read more here.
Through patient education, award-winning research, and advocacy, we give patients the tools they need to make informed decisions about their spine health and navigate their own treatment journeys with confidence. We believe patients deserve real solutions, real answers, and real hope.
HOW DOES NECK AND BACK PAIN AFFECT YOU?
- 100 million Americans, approximately 1/3rd of the U.S. population, suffer from chronic neck or back pain each year.
- Those with this pain are 4 times more likely to become clinically depressed.
- Back and neck pain is the #1 reason for physical pain and the most common non-cancer related opioid prescriptions in the U.S.
- It causes the second highest number of doctor’s visits after the common cold.
- $250 billion annual cost to U.S. economy with 264 lost workdays per year.
- Back and neck pain is the #1 job-related disability in the U.S.
National Spine Health Foundation Resources
We want patients to have every resource they need. Here are a few of the things we offer on an ongoing basis. In this list, you’ll find a variety of media because we know people like to ingest things in different ways. Whether it’s a podcast, a magazine, an article or a video interview, we are here to serve patients in every way we can. From tips and tricks to surgeon expertise and patient stories, we’ve got you covered!
EXPLORE OUR RESOURCES
- Research Projects
- Patient Journey Guide
- “Get Back To It” Podcast
- Spine Health Journal
- Spinal Champion Stories
If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, we encourage you to send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to answer your questions or provide guidance.