Finding solutions for your back and neck pain is an important part of what we do here at the Spine Health Foundation, but we’d also like to see less people suffering in the first place, so put an emphasis on prevention.
There are several things you can put into practice in order to protect your spine on a daily basis. Prevention and general wellness are of upmost importance in this regard. Your choices matter! Behavior and lifestyle factors can help prevent back and neck pain in powerful ways.
Taking care of your back and spine properly can greatly reduce the risk of developing back pain on an occasional or chronic basis. One of the most essential aspects of preventing back pain is also taking care of your spine health and making sure it is getting the love and attention it deserves.
6 Tips for Spine Health Prevention & Wellness
- Ergonomics: Use chairs & tools for spine support
- Exercise: Move your body 20 minutes a day
- Posture: Remember: Shoulders back, chin up
- Lifting: Know and practice correct lifting techniques
- Stretching: Incorporate stretching into your daily routine
- Core: Strengthen core muscles for spine protection
Click the links to learn more about each tip. Check out our YouTube channel for more information and interviews with experts.